Sunday, January 18, 2009

First Attempt

So basically i think i had the wax way too hot for the glass and didnt poke air holes in it as it dried. Layer to layer there should have been some way to keep the air out, so it didnt escape to the outside of the glass so it looks like i have air bubbles. I also realized that the dye requires a lot less than you would think when using darker colors. Its the opposite of paint, it dries darker than you see it initially. Also the layers tend to bleed together if you dont allow adequate cooling times.As soon as i get the hang of it, i have plans for some unbelievable candles.

4 comments:

Lincoln Davis said...

I'm impressed, but dude, you're MAKING CANDLES?

Anonymous said...

Dude, im just obeying metallica. Gimme fuel give me fire. I am producing the ability to have fires going all around the house. Plus my grandpa gave me his candle making supplies after xmas when i mentioned that candles dont have enought scent to be worthwhile. He said then you up the ratios of the scented oil you put in them. So basically im fixing the job that no candle makers do right.

Anonymous said...

plus dude, im making candles not wearing jackets that are so skin tight that when i lift my arms the sleeves go up to my elbows.

timmyjimi said...

Did you lose a bet? I think you've disqualified yourself from ever calling anything homosexual. Just change the name of your blog to "I'm Gay".