Friday, January 30, 2009

Letdown in Rock

Posted this on Facebook too, so anyway i heard third eye blinds new single on the radio and wanted to cry it was so bad. So i started thinking, why does every band i like go supergay like this. They are talented, write good songs, play their instruments like madmen, then they decide to throw it all out the window. Here is my list.

Third eye blind -good for 2 albums then 2 of them bit the big ones. mostly due to firing guitarist.
Incubus -same scenario roughly up untill makeyourself they were good.(nsyncubus)-schwantes
Buck Cherry -2 good albums 3rd sucked
Collective soul -died after dosage.... kills me because they had so many classic rad riffs
Our lady peace -happiness is not a fish you can catch was the end of them after they lost guitarist
Green Day -nimrod was the last nugget of gold they had. A few decent songs, but albums suck
Offspring -Xray on le' Hombre' :) last good one.
Aerosmith -nine lives must have been their 9th album. J-J-J-J jaded- so gay.
Audioslave -first album- glorious, then the others were variations on riffs from the first album.
Goo Goo Dolls -after superstar carwash, and boy named goo it turned into acoustic lovesongs

I might have forgot some but these are the ones that stuck out to me. And mind you, they had to be good in the first place to have even been able to let us down. Let me know of any others.

4 comments:

timmyjimi said...

I didn't even know some of these bands were still making music. Third Eye Blind, for example. And Audioslave - didn't they only come out with two albums? I agree that their second sounded much like the first. Last I heard, Rage was getting back together, but I haven't heard that anything came of that. I didn't know you were ever into OLP or Goo Goo Dolls enough to care, but I wouldn't mind hearing what Our Lady Peace has been up to. The only one I really have to disagree with you on is Green Day. They have consistently been putting out solid music. In fact, I think American Idot was their most coherent album to date.

RespectMyAuthorita said...

i thought american idiot was better than the last one, but still not up to classic punk. they are more pop rockish lame chords. Think about how fast and sweet the drums and guitars used to be. They sing songs like wake me up when september ends. Whats up with that?

Anonymous said...

tim - audioslave came out with three albums, of which the third (revelations) is by far the best.

- R.A.T.M. is indeed back together (or they were a year or two ago when Davis and I went to see them at the Rock the Bells thing)

RespectMyAuthorita said...

Ben, no way! i refuse to believe that. Nothing tops those riffs off the first audioslave. Those songs are insane. Set it off,cochise, highway,show me how to live, gasoline,exploder, light my way, holycow, you cant beat any of those.