Thursday, January 24, 2008

Days of old

I was listening to third today and really enjoying them from a different perspective than i ever had. I decided that their first 2 albums were some of the greatest music I have heard. Best songwriting, great skill, excellent all around. I found a video of them playing wounded off their second album. I couldnt find any old videos with them playing with kevin their original guitarist. So you will have to deal with some fag in a big fluffy jacket playing each chord like its some kind of magic trick. Since its not quite the way it use to be, listen mostly to Brad on the drums. He has stayed solid and faithfully transmitted the drums through time. I still believe brad is one of the best drummers i have ever heard. His speed and precision is beyond me. His ideas and where he places his fills are so out there. If you pay attention to how he places these fills with the guitarist its insane, who could have thought of it?

2 comments:

timmyjimi said...

Haha, the guy in the jacket kills me. When I looked this video up a couple of weeks ago (been infatuated with this song lately), I wasn't impressed with Stephan's vocals. They seem like one of those bands that should just stay in the studio (like Stavesacre, admittedly). Except for Brad. He tore it up on the album, and he tears it up on stage.

timmyjimi said...

Btw, Jason - I barely use MySpace anymore. I'm honored to be linked on your page, but maybe you could change it to my blog: http://timmyjimi.wordpress.com/