Sunday, April 13, 2008

If there is a Snake in the Grass.....

I will smoke him out. I brought my smoke today, when i heard attention, a song davis was telling me to listen to while trying to convince me i would love the Raconteurs because their riffs are SO original and so unique. Well turns out Attention is a ripoff of Rage against the Machines "Bombtrack". The only differences in the riff are the trill jack white does to start the riff, he uses one different note and gives it a giddyup horsey gallop rhythm for the first part but follows the exact pattern tom morrello used in bombtrack but reverses it, by ascending the riff before decsending it. My Point is not that Jack white found this rage song and thought how can i change it, and use it as my own. I dont think he did that. I do think, he probably heard the rage song from time to time and had it in his subconsious, and it kinda floated out of his fingers in a very similar riff. Which brings us to my point, He is not that original at all, it seems like most of his riffs are like this, very similar to other bands riffs. Which is fine, if you like those other riffs, its like hearing a cover album with a hyena singing instead. Jack white as far as originality goes, only gets my vote on his solos. Those are very original and unique to his name. But never did i say they were good. You decide here they are.

You only need listen to the first 10-15 seconds of each to get the picture.




2 comments:

timmyjimi said...

I tried to watch these, but the Raconteurs video is gone. Forget the Raconteurs, though... what do you think of this Rage song? I've never heard you say much good about them, but this song is almost as rad as you are.

Anonymous said...

Tim, i love rage's riffs, but i cant stand the singer. That about sums it all up.